OET Preparation Course Wagga Wagga (Occupational English Test)
improves the four (4) macro skills of OET reading, OET writing, OET listening
& OET speaking.
Course (Occupational English Test) is available in for 12 health &
allied health professions: OET dentistry, OET dietetics, OET medicine, OET nursing, OET occupational therapy, OET optometry, OET pharmacy, OET physiotherapy, OET podiatry, OET radiography, OET speech pathology & OET veterinary science.
The CPD Group accredited the Matt Christie Institute of Australia in
Who is the OET Course suitable for?
professionals needing to develop English skills in a health context
seeking entry to any of the MCIOA OET short or long courses
that are preparing for the Occupational English Test (OET)
professionals seeking career progression
who work in an English-speaking environment & need to further develop their
What do we teach you?
Health Professional OET Writing
Subject Code: MHPWC18
- OET Writing skills
- Letter writing including: formal & informal letters, patient referral letters, hospital admissions letters, reminder letter to patients, patient discharge letters and more
- Hand writing skills
- Linking information
- Using paragraphs
- OET Writing longer sentences
- Planning to write
- Organising the task
- Understand the writing assessment criteria
Health Professional OET Speaking
Subject Code: MHPSC18
- Clinical setting
- Public and private hospital settings
- Effectively communicate -Different medical situations -Medical related scenarios
- Dialogues related to various medical settings
- OET Speaking using tone, diction, fluency, accuracy & volume, which covers typical patient scenarios in Australia
- Pronunciation & appropriate language for when dealing with people in all contexts e.g. hospital settings & private clinics
- Functional language, taking patient histories, giving explanations, giving advice, aggression conversation & giving re-assurances
- Dealing with children, teenagers, adults & older Australians
- Understand the speaking assessment criteria
Health Professional OET Listening
Subject Code: MHPLC18
- OET Listening to passages and dialogues
- OET Listening for detail
- Predicting before you listen
- Listening for gist
- Hand writing speed
- OET Writing in note form
- Scanning headings and questions
- Using headings to guide you
- Looking ahead
- Planning for listening
Health Professional OET Reading
Subject Code: MHPRC18
- Practice reading skills with reference materials, hospital documents, medical reports, and medical related charts
- Speed reading & comprehension
- OET Reading for specific purposes
- Understanding the text & being able to answers specific questions relating to the text
- Reading for information
- OET Reading for gist
- OET Reading for main ideas
- Sequence of steps
- OET Reading for detail
- Using context to guess meaning
- Word stress
- Practising word stress
- Practising tone in clarification questions
- Practising tone in politeness markers and introductory phrases
- Changing word stress
- Specialist health professionals
- Relating words
- Words that go together- collocations
- Understanding and using medical terms
- Basic word structures
- Target language
- Medical terminology
- Medical roots, suffixes and prefixes
- Present perfect tense
- Simple past tense
- Present perfect continuous tense
- Revising tenses
- Conditional sentences
Our Fees: (8 Weeks) A$549 or (4 Weeks) A$399
Tuition Inclusions: Lectures, student workbooks, handouts, mock exams.
Admissions, service and materials fee: A$50
Admissions: Every Monday
All students must complete the MCIOA diagnostic test.
Will I get homework?
- All students are given homework and are required to complete it.
- Students cannot rely solely on classes at the institute to be a success in the OET exam.
- All students must make an individual effort outside of classes.
Do you have instalment fees?
No, we don’t offer instalment fees and all fees must be paid prior to the commencement of the course.
Is social distancing on campus?
- All students and staff must follow the social distancing measures at all time.
- We have limited the number of students in each class and arranged all student areas appropriately.
Do you guarantee a 100% pass rate?
- We offer no pass rate percentages.
- We are not of a higher power and foretell any test outcomes.