The area is named after the Mill Park property owned by Henry "Money" Miller (1809-1888). He bred racehorses and conducted a range of dairy and grazing activities, sufficient to occupy 65 persons housed in a village on the property. The Findon Hounds and the Findon Harriers Hunt Club—a name connected with Miller's residence—Findon in Kew, were at Mill Park.
The Mill Park property specialised in horse breeding into the next century and the Findon Harriers continued there until 1930. Mill Park's rural landscape was largely unaltered until the 1960s, apart from the opening of a quarry in 1964. Following is an article on how the quarry came about. Prior to 1957, the land today known as Yellow Gum Park where the quarry is located was part of the historic "Clear Hill" property, which stretched from the Plenty River east to Oatland Road. These lands were predominantly used for dairy farming along with grazing and minor cropping.
The Stables Shopping Centre
Redleap Ave &, Childs Rd, Mill Park VIC 3082
Need accommodation close to our campus?
Best Western Mill Park
Motor Inn is conveniently located Mill Park accommodation with Conference
Centre facility. Our Mill Park Melbourne accommodation is located 19km from the
Melbourne CBD, close to Bundoora RMIT and Latrobe University, with only a short
twenty minutes drive from Melbourne airport.
Best Western Mill Park Motor Inn offers 4-star accommodation in Mill Park Melbourne. All rooms are serviced daily, with easy access located on the ground floor with FREE Foxtel. Wireless internet also available. Select from our King or Queen Spa Rooms, Family, Twin or Standard rooms. Hotel facilities include a breakfast dining room, breakfast baskets, room service for breakfast and conference / meeting room facilities.
Epping Store: 550-650 High Street, Epping, VIC 3076
Bundoora Store: 1101-1181 Plenty Road, Bundoora, VIC 3083
What is near our Mill Park Campus?
Redleap Recreation Reserve
This park has an area of 6.2 hectares. Its facilities include Mill Park Basketball Stadium, shelter, football and cricket oval, pavilion and change rooms, toilets, 2 practice cricket nets, lake, walking and bike paths, 2 playgrounds, barbecues, picnic facilities and car parking.
Contact Name: Parks Admin
Location: Redleap Reserve Mill Park
Phone: 9401 0539
Email: [email protected]
Westfield Plenty Valley
Bundoora Park Farm is located in the largest park in the Northern suburbs, only 15 kilometres from the centre of Melbourne. The Farm offers a variety of activities for both young and old – come and meet our friendly farm animals, take a ride to see the kangaroos and emus or explore early 20th Century Australian life at the Heritage Village. Enjoy a great day out for the whole family. Bring a picnic or stop in at Bundoora Park Café for a snack or some lunch.
Uni Hill Factory Outlets
Uni Hill Factory Outlets is very easy to get to on Janefield Drive, Bundoora.
It is situated on the corner of the Metropolitan Ring Road and Plenty Road, just 18 kms from the Melbourne CBD. View and get directions on Google Maps.
Mill Park Library
This iconic building opened in 2002 at a cost of $8 million and was the first library in Victoria to be designed on the concept of a hybrid digital/print library.
Address: 394 Plenty Road Mill Park Victoria 3082
The Bundoora campus, in the north-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, is set in a tranquil parkland environment complete with outdoor sporting facilities for football, athletics, tennis and netball.
Eighteen kilometres north-east of Melbourne city centre, the campus is divided into East and West by Plenty Road.
Latrobe Uni Bundoora
La Trobe University is an Australian multi-campus public research university with its flagship campus located in the Melbourne suburb of Bundoora.
The Kingsbury Drive Community Market is held every Sunday between 9am and 1pm.... The market is managed by Diamond Valley Community Support (DVCS). ... The market is located in Car Park 2, La Trobe University, Kingsbury Drive, Bundoora.
For over the past 45 years Preston Market has been the fresh food and multi-cultural hub of Melbourne's North.
Address: 2/30A The Centreway, Preston VIC 3072
The property, with house, farm buildings, and designed landscape, provides the last tangible physical association with Mario and Maria Teresa Viganò, and is able to demonstrate their remarkable contribution to cuisine, hospitality, culture and the arts. This is on account of its long use and association with Mario Viganò, the patriarch of Melbourne's, and probably Australia's, most prominent restaurant family. Mario Viganò (1888-1966) was among a small number of Italian emigrants who pioneered the introduction of Italian and other cultures to the mono-culture of Anglo Celtic Australian society. 'Mario's' restaurant in Exhibition Street Melbourne, and 'The Farm' at South Morang were the principal venues for his contribution to Australian society.